New Version of Web-Based Solutions Increase Flexibility, Improve Usability
Dairy.com, the dairy industry’s leading provider of web-based supply chain, transportation, and commodity trading solutions, today announced the completion of a significant technology platform upgrade. In addition to providing greater scalability and integrating the company’s supply chain solutions in a single platform, this migration provides Dairy.com users with greater flexibility, enhanced features, and a more intuitive user interface.
“This milestone upgrade gives Dairy.com a technology platform that’s friendlier from a user perspective and more agile from a development perspective,” said Scott Sexton, CEO of Dairy.com. “Customers who use our commodity trading, transportation, and supply chain solutions will benefit from the seamless integration of these solutions as well as the enhancements made to each product line. ”
The new technology platform allows Dairy.com to add product functionality and rapidly deliver upgrades and enhancements for its Software as a Service application suite. In addition, this release incorporates the following enhancements:
- Enhanced Scheduling: New features allow complex scheduling and reassignment of loads with greater efficiency.
- Dry Goods Transportation: Enhancement provides a competitive bidding market or fixed contracted pricing for all dry commodity moves.
- Fuel Surcharge Feature: A robust surcharge and reporting feature uses real-time fuel prices to adjust transportation costs on a load-by-load basis.
- Improved User Security Settings: For greater flexibility, enhanced security settings allow user access to be fine-tuned according to role within the company.
- User Interface (UI) Improvements: UI enhancements help users enter data and accomplish routine tasks more efficiently.
“The new version is more user-friendly, especially pulling reports and scheduling,” said Dan McElwain, Dairy Procurement Coordinator at Dean Foods. “The team at Dairy.com was very helpful during the transition.”