Company acknowledged for use of technology to streamline transportation operations
Dairy.com, the dairy industry’s leading provider of web-based supply chain, transportation, and bulk commodity trading solutions, today announced that Dean Foods has been named one of Food Logistics’ Innovators for 2010. Each year, Food Logistics magazine recognizes food and beverage companies that overcome logistical challenges through innovative solutions.
Dean Foods worked with Dairy.com to improve its transportation procurement and management processes. To meet its objectives, Dean Foods used Dairy.com’s web-based supply chain solutions, national network of food-grade tanker and dry van carriers, and transportation expertise.
By using the online solutions and working with transportation specialists at Dairy.com, Dean Foods achieved the following results:
- 20% reduction in contract freight rates
- Full acceptance of a standard fuel surcharge structure or flat rates by all carriers
- Full compliance from its large carrier base with its automated online scheduling process
- 20-40% savings in spot transportation costs
- Elimination of embedded freight costs from purchased ingredients with a 30% savings in freight
- Average reduction of 13% in miles-per-load due to more optimal scheduling
“By working together, we were able to improve the efficiency, control, and transparency of Dean Foods’ freight management processes for both spot and contract freight,” said Carl Axelson, Vice President of Transportation. “We’d like to congratulate Dean Foods for this notable achievement and wish them continued success in their efforts to streamline their operational processes.”
Discover how Dairy.com can help your company streamline transportation operations.