Dairy 101 Recorded Events
Dairy.com offers more than 10 hours of informative, foundational, dairy-specific videos ON DEMAND. We’re adding to our library of dairy education videos, and we encourage you to share these webinars with your colleagues.
Part 1: US Farm Structure and Processing Basics
* Milk Production
* Farm Economics
Part 2: Milk Marketing and Processing Basics
* Regional milk utilization
* Basic process flows and product yields
* US production trends
* By-products and balancing
Part 3: US Dairy Policy
* How we arrived here – a quick history
* Role of commodity markets in milk pricing
* Milk utilization and pooling
* How dollars flow from processors to producers
Part 4: Global Dairy Supply
* Europe’s Dairy Industry: Before and After Quotas
* Oceania’s Global Role
* Up and Coming Producers
* Structural Supply Differences
* Key Global Players
Part 5: Global Butter/Powder Demand and Trade
* WMP – Global Dairy Currency
* Butterfat and Skim – Storable Commodities
* Who, What, Where
(Pre-2017) Part 6: US Dairy Policy and Risk Management Basics
Please note: Jump to 0:30 for immediate start.
(Pre-2017) Part 7: Dairy Risk Management – Continued
Special Event Webinars
2018 Cream Symposium
Driver shortages, extreme heat, less fat off the farm, oh my!
High freight rates have taken the cream market for a spin in 2018, adding cost and logistical challenges to nearly every load. Meanwhile, fat production growth off the farm has started to dwindle along with slowing milk output.
Will the headaches continue into 2019 or will markets start to settle down from here?
2017 Cream Symposium
With ample cream available, will multiples continue to track near the bottom-end of the average range again in 2018 or will greater export opportunities keep a stronger bid in the market?
2016 Cream Symposium
Unlike last year, when multiples spiked in July, cream has been readily available with only hints of tightness through mid-August. Unusual to be sure.
2015 Cream Symposium
Watch our annual look at cream and butter market fundamentals.
The State of the American Consumer
* Employment environment
* Wage and income trends
* Consumer spending trends
* Gasoline savings and spending redirection
* Restaurant and grocery trends
* General macroeconomic outlook
* Associated possibilities for dairy product demand.
Transportation and Energy Trends in Dairy: Part 1
Transportation and Energy Trends in Dairy: Part 2